With the threat of the Coronavirus hitting us this flu season and everyone trying to avoid crowds, it’s wise to cancel any regular travel plans you may have had to ensure you and your loved ones stay safe. Regular travel brings with it many possibilities of exposure to the virus and other illnesses. But there is a silver lining, RVing is still a great and hygienic option if you want to take your family on a trip.
Your RV provides a safe environment for you and your family to still experience adventure. The chances of coming into contact with virus-causing bacteria are greatly decreased with this mode of travel compared to that of traveling through airports, using buses and airplanes, and staying in hotels or on cruise ships.
RVs allow you to travel to remote places and get up close and personal with nature in your self-contained ‘home on wheels’. And, remember, you can use your RV if you’re traveling for business too, it’s not just for vacation travel.
How RV Travel Helps To Reduce The Risk of Viruses
Traveling in your own self-contained home has many hygiene perks to it. Plus, if well-stocked with all the essentials you are able to avoid contact with crowds and high-traffic spots for days at a time.
By getting out of the city, hotels, and airports, and going camping, your risk of infection decreases greatly. And, if you have your own self-contained RV, it’s even lower. Plus being out in nature with fresh air is much healthier than a busy, crowded public space.
One of the most flexible forms of vacationing, RV families can tailor their vacation experience from beginning to end. It’s safe since you’re protected and isolated in your own home on wheels, and it brings with it a sense of feeling safe and in control.
Although RV parks have many other RVs staying within the same park, you can choose how much interaction you have with other people. Make this flu season a quieter one, where you don’t introduce yourself to your neighbors but rather keep to yourself and give a friendly wave from afar.
How To Keep Your RV Hygienic and Sanitized
With easily-spreadable viruses on the loose, it’s best to take your RV cleaning routine to the next level. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Hard Surfaces: Before disinfecting the surfaces, clean them with soap and water. Then move on to disinfecting all surfaces with diluted bleach and alcohol-based products.
- Fabric and Carpets: Make sure to wash or send all your big pieces to the laundromat before you head out on vacation––cushion covers, linen, towels, rugs, drapes. Then get onto doing a good, deep vacuum.
- Daily Cleans: There are some things that are important to clean and disinfect daily, things that we regularly touch. Surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, phones, keyboards, toilets, sinks, as well as your RV’s steering wheel, controls, and dash.
- When Stocking Up: When on the road you’ll be stopping at out-of-the-way grocery stores, gas stations, and park reception offices. Make sure to wash your hands with soap as much as you can, sanitize when you can’t, and spray down your door handles after getting in and out of your RV. And, make sure to avoid touching your face when you are out and about.
So if you are looking for a hygienic way to travel this year and catch up as a family, while seeing the great outdoors, then it’s time to clean up the RV and get your family ready for the trip of a lifetime.
Make sure your RV is in tip-top shape before heading out. At Coach Specialists, we are here to help with all repairs, painting, and upgrades to your RV. We pride ourselves in making each RV repair streamlined and simple for our customers. In lieu of recent events, we are now offering the following services to safely and effectively serve our customers:
- Scheduled pick-up and delivery
- On a case-by-case basis, we may be able to pick up and drop off your RV if you’re not able to come to us.
- E check-in/out
- We’ll collect all the necessary information from you virtually prior to drop-off so you can drop and go at your convenience – 24/7.
Coach Specialists are industry leaders, here to help with all your RV repair needs. Give us a call today or fill out our contact form here.
And if owning an RV has always been a dream of yours, perhaps these uncertain times will nudge you into making your dream come true. Have a look at the RVs we have on offer to purchase here.
Keep safe out there, and happy travels.