As we open our doors to the new Coach Specialists of Texas RV repair shop in Plano, we can’t help but to reflect back on how we gathered the success in order to bring Coach Specialists to the great people of Plano. The key to our success is, without a doubt, quick, effective, and transparent service. Unfortunately, repairing an RV can often times be a long and expensive journey, which is why we are committed to bringing our customers in the DFW fast repairs that will keep you safe and satisfied. We can’t tell you enough stories from customers who have said, “I wish my RV dealer had prepared me better for what is involved in owning a motor home.” Unfortunately, RV dealers tend to be more interested in seeing your tail lights than in providing you with all the information you might need. We discovered this issue ourselves before we started Coach Specialists – when we were simply RV owners, like you, who needed to have some collision repair work done. To make a long story short, our experience as RV repair customers was so poor that we decided to sell our auto body shop to a national chain in order to open a shop that specializes in RV collision repair. We found that there was a real need for a place that RV enthusiasts could count on to repair their motor homes with both precision and care, and we believe that Coach Specialists of Texas is that place.
Therefore, before you bring your RV back to your dealer for any repairs you might need, be on the lookout for these common problems with motorhome dealers:
- RV dealers don’t provide you with all the information you’ll need as an RV owner. Purchasing a motorhome is a serious commitment and not a decision that many people make on the spur of the moment, so you would think that an RV dealer would want you to be fully equipped to take on the responsibility of ownership. Unfortunately, that’s not often the case. Now, you may ask yourself why? Well, there are a number of reasons, but the most important has to do with finances – taking the time to educate you properly isn’t a serious priority, since it doesn’t help them to turn a profit. Most dealers want you out of the door with an RV as soon as humanely possible so they can go on to the next customer. Therefore, many people leave with an RV without knowing really want they’re in store for.
- RV dealership repair technicians lack sufficient training. Because they tend to focus on profit at the expense of their customers, motorhome dealers frequently neglect to invest in their collision repair facilities, technicians, and service. They will often hire auto repair technicians who demonstrate very little knowledge of RVs, which have many unique components that regular vehicles lack. We cannot stress this enough: there is a serious difference between an auto repair collision technician and an RV repair collision technician. For example, an auto repair collision technician would not be aware of how to properly fix the electronics present in your RV after an accident. While some dealers tend to cut deals for their customers for repairs, they more often than not have to come back over and over again, which ends up costing the customer significantly more time and money.
- RV dealers lack a sense of urgency when it comes to repairs. While your dealer might have been quick and enthusiastic upon selling you your motorhome, they will likely be much less enthusiastic to see you return for repairs. After all, repairs don’t turn an easy profit like selling RVs does, so there’s a strong chance it will take your dealer several weeks to repair your vehicle. This is one of the biggest issues with the RV repair business. RVs will literally sit in the lot of a dealer for weeks, and even months, because they are not a high priority. At Coach Specialists of Texas, we make your RV repair our number one priority, which is why we have established working relationships with insurance companies in order to ensure you will receive your RV back quickly. No RV dealer can boast such a claim.
- RV dealers have an extensive backlog of RVs to repair. Their lack of urgency and know-how can cause RV dealers to have a long list of customers waiting for repairs, which will only lengthen the amount of time you’re waiting to have a functioning vehicle again. This becomes an even bigger hassle around vacation time. If you take your RV to a dealer when demand for repairs is high, do not expect to get it back in a timely fashion.
- RV dealers provide minimal communication. When it comes to RV repairs, lots of dealers won’t keep in touch with you throughout the repair process and some won’t even give you an itemized list of what’s being repaired. We can’t begin to express our own frustration at the lack of communication when we were just RV customers, which is why we go out of our way to communicate to our customers. We always have an open line to our customers to let them know our progress or if there are any setbacks during the repair.
At Coach Specialists of Texas, we can have your motorhome looking brand new again.
If you are looking for a great RV repair shop to fix your motorhome, we guarantee excellent customer service and a fast, top-notch repair. We boast highly-trained RV repair technicians, first-rate facilities, and strong relationships with parts manufacturers and insurance companies. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that you’ll have only the very best results when you bring your RV to us for repairs.