A lot of love and care goes into owning an RV. Along with the laundry list of tasks that must be accomplished regularly just for general maintenance, you must also maintain RV insurance coverage for a type of vehicle that not many insurance companies have detailed knowledge of. If you haven’t purchased insurance coverage yet for your RV or if you’re a seasoned RV owner interested in switching policies, it’s a good idea to do as much research as you can into what this realm of insurance entails. As a starting point in your search, we hope to equip you with some helpful insights from the perspective of a collision repair shop that specializes in RV repair.
Here are the top 5 problems we see frequently with RV insurance:
1. Insurance companies often have a limited knowledge of RVs. Unlike your standard sedans and SUVs, recreational vehicles fall into a very unique category that, quite frankly, not many insurance companies know much about. It’s just not a type of vehicle that they have to work with very frequently. Plus, RVs have a lot of additional features, such as extensive electrical work, housing components, and specialized parts. Due to this lack of knowledge, some insurance companies have trouble providing the right kind of policy for an RV owner.
2. Some insurance companies lack a sense of urgency in handling claims. During peak times of the year, especially, it will take some insurance companies quite a while to handle claims. The reason for this is usually because RV claims aren’t as simple and straightforward as standard automobile claims can be. RV customers will be left on the back burner.
3. There is usually a long wait time on insurance adjusters. Once again, lack of detailed knowledge of RVs will prevent insurance adjusters from being timely and efficient in their work.
4. RV insurance customers often don’t understand what their policies cover. As RV repair specialists, we see this problem too frequently and we certainly sympathize with our customers. Insurance policies are typically complicated to understand as it is, but RV coverage can complicate things even more.
5. RV insurance customers often don’t understand their deductibles. Along with their insurance policies, many RV owners are confused about their deductibles. Some owners will have deductibles that are just not realistic for their income level, while some wish they had increased their deductible to a greater amount.
To save you from a lot of frustration in the event of a repair, it’s essential that you get to know the ins and outs of your insurance coverage. Look for an insurance company that demonstrates strong knowledge about RVs and can advise you properly in the development of your policy. Also, should you find yourself in need of an RV repair shop, make sure the shop has good relationships with insurance companies and can help speed things along on your behalf.
At Coach Specialists of Texas, we are the exclusive direct repair facility for many insurance companies, including GEICO, Nationwide, and USAA.
If you are in need of an RV repair shop in Dallas, Texas that can navigate you through the insurance claims process, give us a call today. We have relationships with virtually every major insurance carrier and this allows us to provide fast, reliable service to our customers. We strive to reduce your downtime and get your vehicle back on the road quickly—no waiting for unnecessary approvals and delays. We can get you in and fixed quickly so that you can enjoy your RV, motorhome, or coach the way you are intended to!